1. Monday, February 10 at 7pm in the Donnelley Theatre in Heimbold, go see “Can I Kiss You” There will be t-shirts and a $100 gift card giveaway…but besides that, the speaker. Mike Domitrz, is a renowned presenter on the subject of consent. Everyone can use a lesson in communicating with sexual partners whether they’re one-night-stands, partners, friends with benefits, boyfriends, girlfriends, whatever. Students at other schools have explained the experience as “awesome”, “informative” and “hilarious”.
2. “Cat’s Cradle: A Visual Introduction to Knot Theory” on Tuesday, February 11 at 12:30 in the Sci rm. 103 there will be an interesting hour of unexpected subject matter. A game best known in elementary schools, “Cats Cradle” is a game in which different string figures change shape by passing between two players. This visual demonstration will introduce attendees to the fundamentals of knot theory, which is the study of mathematical knots. Philip Ording is the Assistant Professor of Mathematics at Medgar Evers College. On rate-my-professor, a student at Medgar Evers wrote “If I could have him for every math class I ever have to take in my life I would definitely be a math scholar” – maybe now is your chance to become the Math Scholar you’ve always wanted to be…?
3. Watch the GRYPHONS VS COOPER UNION in our very own gym from 7:30-10:00 on February 12th. For anyone who has never been to a game at Sarah Lawrence before, this is one to attend for some people-watching fun and game.
4. In the North room of the pub, on Thursday the 13th, construct some love notes (or regular notes) with paper-folding techniques you never thought could look so good. There will be SUSHI, but arrive early, the event is from 6-8pm.
5. Sex Life is a series of dance parties brought to you by VOX: Voices for Planned Parenthood and DJ Internship. “Promoting sex positivism and consent conscientiousness on campus,” VOX events are always well attended…and for a good reason. This Friday they bring you LE1F, a rapper and producer who has worked closely with Mykki Blanco and Das Racist. His solo work is impossible not to dance to. See you on Valentine’s Day at the Blue Room from 9-2AM. Watch one of his videos by clicking here.